Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Building our Outdoor Shower up at the Lake!

This past weekend our good friends Jeff and Lynn came to visit us up at the lake and Jeff just LOVES projects.  So our boys decided kick it into gear and jump start our outdoor shower.  I will admit, if it hadn't been for Jeff, Steve and I would still be out back scratching our heads and throwing things at each other.  Between the two of them, they got the hardest parts (framing and plumbing) done.  Lynn and I had very hard jobs also, we were required to sit still and not ask questions...well actually, I was the one that needed to keep my mouth shut.  I tend to ask a few to many questions for my darling hubby's way of thinking.

Ok, disregard the dog house off to the side, we are still looking for takers on that. Comes with a chain link kennel if anyone is interested :-).  We decided we wanted the shower more than the dog kennel.  I just LOVE the smell of wet dog in the house...who doesn't right?  Truthfully, I hate the site of the darn kennel in the back, it just doesn't fit my decor.

Here are our strong guys soldering up the copper pipes.
 
After Lynn and Jeff left, I  wanted to go to work on the decking.  Steve had other plans.  After working two days, he wanted to take the rest of Sunday off and relax a little.  Ok fine, twist my arm, I was just exhausted ;-) also.  So we kicked back with my brother-in-law Mike and sister-in-law Sue, and proceeded to solve all the world problems and sip on a few frosty cold ones. Mike and Sue are just starting their two weeks of vacation and ready to let er snap.  We were very happy to oblige.

Monday, I stepped up the pace and got the Milwaukee going.  Steve cut the boards and I screwed those babies down.  I was thinking we would get the boards down and the walls up in one day...yeah right!  We got the boards down and finished up just in time to go out for dinner.

Tuesday, we started the walls.  I went to work at 9:00 a.m. and we quit at 6:15 p.m.  I really do have to laugh at myself.  I kept thinking we could get this thing up and running in a few days...maybe we should have hired out!

To be continued.....

Beth

2 comments:

  1. Great post with quality pictures and detail. Keep it up. I would like to know more.
    Thanks
    Outdoor Garages

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to look you on building outdoor shower. I hope it was your amazing learn up on outdoor shower.

    ReplyDelete