Friday, August 3, 2012

Outdoor Shower Project Continued...

So here's the deal, I started this continuation blog this past Monday and now it's Friday and I am actually getting around to finishing it.  Truthfully, blogging and doing a project comes down to when to work, when to blog and when to relax.

We reached our goal last week and had our outdoor shower up and running by Friday evening!  Skipped dinner a couple of nights, worked until 9:00 another night, fought off mosquito's, swore a lot, sweat even more, but we did it.  I have tell you, when you are having hot flashes, it's warm out and you are dirty,  words tend to fly out of this mouth that make me feel like I need to go to confession!

Our kids came up Friday night and one after another Saturday, marched in and felt the wonderful sensation of taking an outdoor shower. Trust me, if you haven't ever done it, when it's hot out and you take a shower outside it's a refreshing feeling.

Here I am going in for my first shower...a true delight to the senses!


I stained the outside of the shower one day this week and we built the walkway to the left.  At some point, I will have to plant something to hide the hoses.

On Thursday I couldn't resist getting crafty.  My hands were just itching to make something for that blank wall. While Steve wasn't looking, I fired up the table saw, ripped this barn board, painted the sign, drilled a couple of holes, stole some camouflage rope from my darling hubby, took down a sprig of pine from the top of our cabinets and stapled it to the wood.  Baaada Bing Baaada Boom instant Craft!

Needless to say, today is Friday and I am totally enjoying myself not doing a darn thing except sitting here and playing on the computer.  Easily this was a two week project (I don't count weekends) and we are happy with our project.

Well, it's time for me to go snuggle with our adorable grandbaby.

Thanks for reading!

Beth

1 comment:

  1. I think you need to have something classic design in the wall. Classic are amazing which are great to have in the lifestyle.

    outdoor shower

    ReplyDelete