Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Planning the Menu for Labor Day Weekend!

Thank You Pinterest!!  

Low Calorie Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Spiced Doughnuts and several other low calorie desserts.
Low Calorie Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Spiced Doughnuts...YUM!!
People on Pinterest tonight may be wondering if I have an issue with food because I have been a pinning machine all night with all the yummy looking pictures.  I am putting together a menu for Labor Day weekend and here are some great ideas I may be trying:

Mozzarella, tomato, pesto grilled cheese with avocados. Would also be delicious with some balsamic mayo. 1/2 cup low-fat mayo, 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar and fresh black pepper
Mozzarella, tomato, pesto grilled cheese with avocados...Lunch one day.
white pizza dip.
Oh boy, now things are starting to get a little crazy...white pizza dip...as our son would say, "Let's Get Nuts"!
Passion Fruit Teeny
A wise woman told me one time, "Don't let cooking  interfere with your drinking"!
I like to listen really well to wise people.
Margarita Chicken
Margarita Chicken....Another, Oh Boy!
Seriously will be trying this recipe, looks way to easy.
Chocolate-Peanut Ice Cream Cake
Can't forget the the dessert!!  Doesn't this look like shut the front door good?!


Our daughter and I have been trying recipes from Pinterest all summer and found some real keepers.  The best part of Pinterest...I actually look forward to cooking and baking again!  
If you think you might want to try these ideas also, go to my Pinterest Board "Deeeelicious" and you will find the recipes.

I will let you know if I actually make these recipes and how they turn out, then I will proceed to tell you about the new fitness program that I need to sign up for...yeah right!  Hey, forget about calories...IT'S A HOLIDAY!  My number one rule:  As long as you don't make a steady diet of some of these things, I say go for it.

Thanks for reading!

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment