Sunday, September 30, 2012

Surrounded by Bear not Deer!

I decided to stay up at the cottage this afternoon and try my hand at bow hunting versus coming home early to watch the Packer game...Perhaps I should have come home to watch the game.  

I remembered to bring the camera with me, along with rocks and a rubber tip arrow...I am glad I did!  While relaxing up in the tree on this beautiful fall day, reading my Kindle, I just happen to look up in time to see this big fat bear wandering my way.


Here he proceeds to sit down and make himself very comfortable by sitting down.  Look at him just sit there... I enjoyed taking these pictures and watching him, however I couldn't let him stick around long because he was scaring the deer away.



This picture looks a lot like the one above however, I wanted you to see how big his paws are (hopefully you can see them okay).

I was done taking pictures so I tossed a rock at him, hoping to scare him off - he looked around, walked over toward me, shook himself and turned around and went back to his little perch.  I tossed another rock and then he left only to come back around 20 minutes later.  

This time I put my rubber tipped arrow in the bow and shot him in the behind...he took off, stopped, turned around and came back....What...I couldn't believe it!!  I guess the little zing in the butt didn't bother him that much.   I started throwing more rocks at him.  Again, he meandered off not seeming to be to fazed at all.   

A little while later I couldn't believe it, I hear him coming back AGAIN only this time another one came from a different direction AND I could hear another one behind me...okay, now I am starting to get freaked!  No matter how many rocks I threw and noise I made they weren't leaving.  I sent Steve a text to tell him I was freakin out.  This was just plain crazy!  

I finally got the bad boys to leave while making noise (good thing because I ran out of rocks).   Needless to say, I decided to come down from the tree (after I waited a bit), the idea of walking back to my vehicle in the dark tonight was a bit to scary for me.  Yes, I will admit I was a little nervous tonight.  

Never did see any deer.  Maybe next time the big one will come in!

Thanks for reading - 

Beth
                    

No comments:

Post a Comment